Buy Now

Forums

Theories on the world before it shattered

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mustardnaut 2 days, 23 hours ago.

Nickybackplays
Participant

Hey, I’m not sure if this is where I should post theories but here goes.
I wanted to figure out what the world was before it shattered. How society was, the geography of the planet before the world splintered and a whole slew of topics.
The issue I have is I really don’t know where to start with this, cause everything is so interesting to talk about in terms of this game.
So this is the initial post where I’m introducing the topic, but I’ll be active with discussing theories whenever I can.
Have fun!

El Whoops
Participant

I have a theory of the world before it shattered: IT WAS WHOLE!
That sounds trivial, but there’s more behind that. It lost more than just the integrity. It probably had vast oceans and big forests.

Now, do you know how they search for life on exo planets? Oxygen!
Oxygen is chemically so aggressive that you need a sustaining force to keep the oxygen in the atmosphere.
If a planet has an oxygen atmosphere, there’s life!
This world has almost nothing sustaining oxygen anymore. No seas, barely any trees. Every one of your characters is going to suffocate … very soon.

El Whoops
Participant

— It also was a toxic waste with extremely high concentrations of lead.
— It must have been a hollow balloon world as the only remains are from the first surface mile of a planet’s crust.
— A gravitational force strong enough to not only rip a planet apart, but to literally shred it, would have left no survivors. None of the creatures you see are indigenous.

El Whoops
Participant

— The planet is still there underneath the Undersea. At least the iron core. There seems to be a magnetic north and the solar wind would kill everyone without the protective magnetic field.
— There are Nazis in this world. Look at the moon! (Full moon was yesterday … FIRE!”), then look at Saborian uniforms! Go have a look behind that moon, you will find them!
— Nobody has ever found carbon in WA. That explains why the oxygen is still in the atmosphere. The question raises then, what are the life forms made of?
Not carbon based explains why they don’t need water but it’s clearly not silicon – they don’t look like Pamela Anderson.

Vosvovoske
Participant

I would have to question a few of the things said above.

“-Nobody has ever found carbon in WA. That explains why the oxygen is still in the atmosphere. The question raises then, what are the life forms made of?”
Not carbon based explains why they don’t need water but it’s clearly not silicon – they don’t look like Pamela Anderson.” I would say we haven’t found anything carbon based as we wouldnt really find any real use out of any naturally occurring carbon structures, such as diamonds and graphite.
But there does seem to be something carbon-like, as steel seems to be a naturally occurring material, which is typically a forged metal made with some form of carbon. As well as we have trees, and thus a life form that completes some form of photosynthesis. And even if it isn’t carbon itself, or something carbon like, that life and matter are based on in WA, life in WA is based on a fundamental material that can support life.

“— It must have been a hollow balloon world as the only remains are from the first surface mile of a planet’s crust.”
I would think that the reason why we have these islands from only the crust of the planet, is only because of the naturally occurring material unique to WA planet, Atlas. I haven’t read much and the world and its happenings, but its obvious that Atlas has anti-gravitic properties, and that it was mined from the ground. It would seem that the only area habitable enough for the humans of WA is their sky world. And that anything below the cloud line is far too harsh and uninhabitable for them to survive.
There is a planet, which is why we still have an atmosphere. If we didn’t have gravity from the mass of the planet, we wouldn’t have an atmosphere, and if we don’t have an atmosphere, or had a dwindling one, we would be drifting out to space, as well has not having a magnetic field to protect us, as you had said before.
So, there is a planet underneath the cloud line, most likely with more habitation that can survive down there, and a considerably dense one for it to have lost a large portion of its mass and for it to still be able to sustain an atmosphere and keep the Atlas lifted island in a form of equilibrium.

“— A gravitational force strong enough to not only rip a planet apart, but to literally shred it, would have left no survivors. None of the creatures you see are indigenous.”
We do have some added lore regarding this from the recent update with Haven, but it could be inconsistent or even retconned later. But, at the moment, everything here is indigenous.

Apologies for the bricks of text.

El Whoops
Participant

So, there is a planet underneath the cloud line, most likely with more habitation that can survive down there, and a considerably dense one for it to have lost a large portion of its mass and for it to still be able to sustain an atmosphere and keep the Atlas lifted island in a form of equilibrium.

Initially i’ve said that there must be a gas giant underneath and the fragments we see floating are from an entirely different planet. Maybe from that shattered moon we had once.

We do have some added lore regarding this from the recent update with Haven, but it could be inconsistent or even retconned later. But, at the moment, everything here is indigenous.

They can say what ever they want, NOTHING human sized would survive. That’s simple math.
The thing that killed all the dinos was a thiny little fart compared to something that rips the whole outer hull of a planet apart and THAT meteorite impact was so violent that it sent pieces of Earth to the moon.
The bugs would probably survive the shattering, or even the voyage through space in egg form.
The Mantas are probably indigenous but not indigenous of the islands we see, but of the gas giant below.

Mustardnaut
Participant

I think the “survivors” are actually dead and became energy life forms, perhaps the world they are “living” in is another realm, could be a spiritual realm, they just didn’t realize it.
That explains why the chests seem to fill up by themselves and new “survivors”(the players) keep showing up and all sorts of weird phenomena.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.