Home Forums Alpha Test Teleporting Parts

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TK-313 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SuspiciousCheese
    SuspiciousCheese
    Participant

While building, a friend and I had noticed that occasionally parts would disappear when we tried to place them. What would happen is, we would pick up the part with the building tool, move it to the desired location and place it. Sometimes, instead of being placed, the part would simply disappear. For a while we thought that they just didn’t clip to the ship properly and fell through the ground. It was only a few days ago that I noticed the parts did not disappear, they just got placed in the wrong location. Off in the distance, all the parts we thought had disappeared were floating in the air, organized as if attached to an invisible copy of our ship outside of the building bubble. Anyone know the cause?

tabsterLasVegas
    tabsterLasVegas
    Participant

I don’t know the cause but, yeah, that’s happened to me three or four times. Solution: Log off and restart the game. The parts may be at a previous location on your ship, or somewhere on your ship.

Fenix
    Fenix

It’s a widely reported issue. Basically something glitches when attaching the part and it gets a very incorrect offset. It’s attached to your ship, just far out from the actual frame. The good news is that you can correct it by logging off and back on when it happens. But if you begin to pilot the ship which has incorrectly placed parts, the bug will become permanent and you’ll have to resort to damaging the part to remove it (since it will be well outside your shipyard bubble.

tabsterLasVegas
    tabsterLasVegas
    Participant

@fenix. I am not so sure that the bug becomes permanent if you move your ship. I clearly remember flying my ship on two separate occasions with some stupid crate or with some stupid flagpole off to the left and many yards away, and when I restarted, they were back on the ship.

Fenix
    Fenix

Then that may be random – because in my experience, taking off causes the parts to stay a their wrong offsets, even after a relog.

sgtcreation
    sgtcreation
    Participant

First time happening to me, it seems to happen on the bigger ship builds, has never happened on the smallest ship. Just log off and back and it will be in the proper location, I found the it happens at the end after I have place a crap load of stuff on my ship 6 wings, 4 engines etc…..

Pirate
    Pirate
    Participant

In fact, that is true. I don’t remember that happening much when I build small ships. As soon as my ship has too many parts, then it start to occur more frequently. When I was building my tavern ship(widest and tallest size I could create in the design) the bug would occur more often, specially after I would put about 30 panels. I guess every part counts including the deck parts, so the bigger your ship is, the more parts you have, the more frequently but occurs. Hope this helps.

Yahaharrr!

SuspiciousCheese
    SuspiciousCheese
    Participant

Now that you mention it, it doesn’t really happen with less complicated ships. Thank you all for your help, I will try this.

TK-313
    Participant

I never noticed the bug disappearing on simple ships or becoming irreversible. In my case it always happened, regardless of complexity, to any parts mounted during previous game sessions. I.e., you craft a new panel, you can move it around all you like, you log off and on, then if you try to adjust that panel it appears a kilometer away. Workaround: before adjusting, drop the “old” parts on the ground, then they start behaving like “new” ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.