Buy Now

Forums

rope?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  day0x 3 years, 2 months ago.

mace9
Participant

so i seen the sweet grapple shot we all start with.
how much range dose it have?
can it be cut?
if i fire it at my ship can i pull me ship slowly into a tight space?
also can we have two rope types? the first is the grapple shot and the 2nd is a utility item,
used to make permanent bridges, quick ship repairs, we could tie knots in it and make tight ropes, make a catapult or other siege weapons using physics.

i would like a equipment slot for rope.
make it a stackable item in ft.
made from wood fiber, reed, leather, or metal (cable) perhaps.
be able to tie knots in it, maybe you start out knowing one knot that is basic, and can learn more like a slip knot or shoe string type

i rilly want to stick my engine that fell off in combat with the grapple shot and have my bro tie it back onto the ship for later repairs or field repairs!

Charlotte Claw
Participant

Ok so!

Grapple… This will be an item that is not equipable. This will be an item already usable to the player. You will be able to pull stuff with it but only if you are heavier than the item. Otherwise you will be pulled BY it. You can put these lil things called lifters on items, that you craft, that will make heavy items lighter. Then you can pull them with you.
You will sadly not be able to do much more with this other than swing, climb/descend with it and pull stuff about. This is all physical so adding too many complicated actions to it can become VERY tricky. It cannot be cut or tied and in terms of making a bridge, you can use it to swing between places but not make a walkway and it will have a limited range (not finalised yet). There is nothing else to it for now. Maybe in the future perhaps? But for now, it is just a tool to help you navigate the world.

Charlotte Claw
Participant

UPDATE

Apparently you CAN pull a ship with your rope, as long as its light enough πŸ™‚

Vynxar
Participant

Hello,
i was wondering, what happen if more than one people pull an object?
if the object is too heavy for one guy but less than two, does the weight of the two guys add up to allow us to pull it?
At first i was thinking about that, picturing a few sailors trying to pull their flying ship with grapples to dock it in a floating harbor but you told us that we can do that all alone soo the question is still up for heavy object ;p

fenix

I recall it being said somewhere that multiple people would be able to move a larger object. Would make sense, being physics driven.

So the grapple isn’t equipable? Bummer… I was hoping it would be something we could take off (at our own risk) or equip on the other arm…. or dual wield. πŸ˜€

No cutting of the rope? Not even to defend yourself against enemies grappling onto your hull? Would be an effective way to repel boarders. If one’s grapple was cut, they would need to craft a new hook part before they could grapple anything again… which would be difficult in free fall πŸ˜›

Vynxar
Participant

even just being able to cut it without damaging the grapple could be an efficient way to repel opponents, they would need to find an other place to attach their grapple to but we would still be able to cut it again and protect the bridge

Rodrigo Monteiro
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

Cutting the rope has been discussed and is probably something that we want to address in the future, but is not currently available.

Charlotte Claw
Participant

Hello Friends!

These are all awesome ideas πŸ™‚ I will put them past design for sure! This is why we like questions and to hear what you guys want. The cutting the rope would be a cool thing to stop raiders.
And yes. More people = more pulling power = more weight that can be moved.
Believe us when we say that anything that is physical, if it’s doable in real life, you can do it in Worlds. Just obey the laws of physics friends!

Charlotte Claw
Participant

(or not. It’s up to you)!

Strite
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

I’d love to see the ability to cut the rope make it in at some point down the line, as others have said that would really add a cool dynamic to PVP when boarding/being boarded. Regardless, the rope looks like a really sweet tool. As someone who can spend literally hours just swinging around in Spiderman games I can’t wait to get to grips with it πŸ˜€

Asrien
Participant

It seems like cutting rope or at least disconnecting it should be in there. It’d make the game awesome for someone who’s really accurate. Someone swinging around your mast trying to hijack your ship? Not for long! Trickshot them scoundrels.

Strite
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

Indeed @asrien. Furthermore, from what we’ve seen of the crafting tool in the gameplay vids and the way it can cut branches off tree’s etc. it’d be the perfect tool for cutting the ropes too!

Charlotte Claw
Participant

I think it should definitely be something to consider πŸ™‚ I like the idea myself! As Rodrigo said previously, it’s been discussed. We do have other things that take priority currently but future updates are a thing!

fenix

Swords would also be appropriate for cutting ropes. Just sayin’… πŸ™‚

Strite
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

@fenix That works too πŸ˜› Wait, have swords been confirmed to be in the game!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.