Buy Now

Forums

PVE servers are a bad idea and heres why….

This topic contains 75 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  El Whoops 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Sir Captain
Participant

PVE servers are a bad idea and heres why….

“PVE only” players dont stick around for long, especially with no endgame content.

WA has no real endgame content, so the pve players will make a few ships, pass a few walls get bored and quit because there are no other players around to shake things up.

the PVE players may not realize it, but being under threat from other players does add excitement to their gameplay.

You have no PVE content so why do you think a PVE server will retain active players for more than a few weeks?

When a pvp crew is flying around hunting we want to find a ship every few islands… its boring to fly around for hours finding nobody to fight. Why are you trying to fracture the playerbase even more and take away targets for us to interact with?

Flying around an empty PVP server for 5 hours finding nobody to fight seems like a PVE server to me.

my 2 cents

P.S I want to add one last important point… a month ago WA was booming, my alliance was active and growing, other players were all over and the game was in a great place. Most players have gone now and it’s not because there was no PVE server…….

It’s because of the massive lag bugs etc that suddenly showed up. So fix those issues and get back on track, I dont understand why the developers are flying off the handle trying to add PVE servers when that was not what just killed your playerbase, the bugs did so fix those.

Sanies
Participant

I think what your argument boils down to is this:

“If we have a PvE server, I’ll have less targets. So what if they get to play the game the way they want to? It means I don’t get to play the way I want to.”

Some people don’t want to PvP. They see a rich world, with lore and beauty, and want to fly around and find it. I’m not saying PvP is bad, in fact I agree with you, it adds to everything. Whether you are the aggressor or defender, your adrenaline goes up and blood gets pumping. Now if it stopped there, that’d be great. But I know people who have left the game after being spawn killed over and over in revival chambers. Or getting their T1 dinghy with a sail blown to bits over and over by a T4 ship with metal armor, 16 jets, and 8 cannons. Just because YOU are having fun doesn’t mean everyone else is. And I’m not saying you’re a griefer, I was just giving examples.

And this:

“P.S I want to add one last important point… a month ago WA was booming, my alliance was active and growing, other players were all over and the game was in a great place. Most players have gone now and it’s not because there was no PVE server…….”

If I’m not mistaken, there was a sale where the game was really cheap. It happens all the time. Game sale, population surge, month or two, and it dies down again.

Yung Lean
Participant

Pvp only servers are a bad idea, and heres why. Only about 1000 people even play them to begin with. This game has to have sold way more copies than 2000

No Name
Participant

Pvp only servers are a bad idea, and heres why. Only about 1000 people even play them to begin with. This game has to have sold way more copies than 2000

Except there aren’t any PvP only servers there are only pvp allowed everywhere servers. They aren’t forcing you to pvp they are just allowing people to PvP everywhere which may have been a mistake for EA release but the solution certainly wasn’t lets make PvE only servers where we literally have to tone down core aspects of the game to get it to work.

Right now PvE servers are a bad idea because THERE IS NO ENDGAME PVE CONTENT. YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME WILL COME TO AN END AS THERE IS NO ECONOMIC SINK FOR YOUR MATERIALS ANYMORE NOTHING WILL THREATEN YOU AT ALL. While in the short term this seems like a good idea in the long term it is quite a poor one as this game really never appealed to people who dislike open world pvp to begin with. And opening the game up to those people while good in the short term will lead to an even longer development cycle where updates takes months to come out and the community no longer has to agree on what gets put through to live servers. All it will end up doing is splitting the already low count playerbase into even more servers and this time servers that don’t actually need to care about how pvp is balanced so no longer do we need to think of the other side and how balancing the game and developing the game will effect them. If you want pve servers what you are really saying is that you want the game to be for you and you alone and you don’t care about the people on the other side of the aisle which in reality is quite a deplorable thing.

Yung Lean
Participant

What you don’t know about me is that I would only really get into PVP. But the fact is a lot of people simply do not play the game at all due to the nature of open world pvp. Having a larger community and player count will attract more people in general, increasing the pvp community by effect.

Sir Captain
Participant

The point here is that WA is an open world pvp game and was doing just fine in that format, the helm glitch and lag killed the player base not a lack of pve server.

Pve players are the whiniest and most finicky of all players, they dont stick around. WHY? PVE players can’t make their own content they need BOSSA to constantly keep pumping out new content to keep them entertained.

PVP players make their own content for the most part, and are much more loyal to the games they play, and have much thicker skin in general.

Sir Captain
Participant

@no-name hit the nail on the head with this comment

“Right now PvE servers are a bad idea because THERE IS NO ENDGAME PVE CONTENT. YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME WILL COME TO AN END AS THERE IS NO ECONOMIC SINK FOR YOUR MATERIALS ANYMORE NOTHING WILL THREATEN YOU AT ALL.”

El Whoops
Participant

You are all completely right, just the conclusions are a bit botched.

THERE IS NO ENDGAME PVE CONTENT. YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME WILL COME TO AN END AS THERE IS NO ECONOMIC SINK FOR YOUR MATERIALS ANYMORE NOTHING WILL THREATEN YOU AT ALL

You assume that they all just embrace PvP because there is no PvE game. The enjoyment comes to an end because there is no PvE content and then they just … go away.
This month you can clearly see the influence of the helm bug, but the drop below 100 players average at the end of October was predictable months ago. There’s no blaming any bugs.

PVP players make their own content for the most part, and are much more loyal to the games they play, and have much thicker skin in general.

There are a few things to add to that – firstly your own words:

In my humble opinion Worlds Adrift does not have a large enough player base to split into PVE and PVP servers.
PVP servers get real boring when there is nobody to fight

Obviously you CAN’T create your own content and need the PvE community for that.

Secondly many of the guys you classify as PvE players just thought that the PvP concept in WA is an aggravating heap of poop.
In general i like PvP but losing a weeks work over nothing is really not a selling concept. That’s something you can sell to our manic gamblers maybe…
You know in advance that you will lose sooner or later if you stand and fight but your core interest is to preserve your assets so that’s what you do instead.
PvP itself needs PvE content to legitimate what one should even fight over and most importantly why the PvE community should provide you with fights.
This is not Counterstrike and if you added 5 hours of grind before a game of Counterstrike nobody would have ever heard of that game.

Misho
Participant

It all comes down to not wanting your pray to disapear.

While I agree there is no content for long term PvE play currently, I would hope they are planing on adding upon the game.
Or you mean to say that you are ok to play the same PvP over and over again in the state it is in now?

El Whoops
Participant

It all comes down to not wanting your pray to disapear.

It very much does and i can tell you of a game that didn’t head the warning and died from it: Armored Warfare.
All of a sudden the fluffy unicorns were all alone and realized to their big surprise that an elite player among elite players is just a player.
At that point, of course, it wasn’t all that funny for them guys anymore and down she goes.

It’s the same simple philosophy that makes companies value their free to play gamers. They are not just a drag on your purse. They keep the wales happy.
The plankton so to say. No plankton no whales! You can’t sell pay to win if EVERYONE has paid to win.
So, you better keep that plankton happy, or they will migrate. AW does absolutely nothing to keep a PvE player happy. The result was written in stone a year ago.

Sir Captain
Participant

My vote is for keeping the prey within striking range bossa! Heck I remember first starting out when I was being savaged multiple times per day by pirates and I liked it! I said to myself “I will become the strongest pirate and take revenge!”

If there were 10,000 people playing the game then PVE servers wouldnt split the population in a noticeable way…. but right now the player base is way too small for this.

Becuase of the fact there are not eneough pvp players to fill a server, adding a pve option will limit our prey on the pvp servers and pvp crews will get bored and quit. There are not eneough other pvp crews to populate even 1 server! We need the pve players to hunt as well!

We need to harvest those tears bossa! Don’t take the tears away…..

Drneko
Participant

Some of you seem to assume PvE players will just stick around and take forced PvP for some reason.. PvE servers will not affect you at all, it will keep the game alive so that PvP players can keep PvP’ing.

It will just be a real challenge instead of a shooting gallery.

Dark Seiko
Participant

If there were 10,000 people playing the game then PVE servers wouldnt split the population in a noticeable way…. but right now the player base is way too small for this.

The player base is too small for this because the PVE type players don’t play this. many of the reviews, even warn off the PVE type players even if they support the game. Bossa needs people to play the game and pay for the game or the game will go away. You guys are just to stubborn to see that fact.

The state of the game even now isn’t complete. most of the ship build engine isn’t even turned on yet. your 20 engine 10 gun ships are not going to last long once they start turning those parts on.

Yes, there is no PVE content right now? Why because PVP community silences the PVE community with “get good” So the PVE community just quits and goes elsewhere. You can’t enjoy the game when you have to be watching your back and your ship as well. I think Bossa wants to actually start making a game. cause guess what? Dual Universe just set a release date for 2020 and that game even in the incomplete game loop is far ahead of this one.

Drneko
Participant

Yup, there are already games out there that offer much better PvP options. What makes this game special is not the PvP, its everything else.

You cannot have a community-driven game, where the community is plagued with toxicity. Its just not going to happen, I’m glad the devs finally realized this and adjusted course. Especially when all it took was a small change (I never understood this “because physics” nonsense and thought it was a complete cop-out).

PvP, as you like it, will still be there, you just won’t have any more helpless targets to exploit.

Ointment
Participant

@drneko

You seem to be under the illusion that PVP players are against PVE servers because we don’t want to lose out on easy targets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.