Buy Game Flag
Before using the forum please read and make sure you agree to our Forum Rules. Forum Rules

Home Forums Feedback and Suggestions Permadeath for griefers

This topic contains 101 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Beeskee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
Author
Beeskee
Participant

Please add permadeath for griefers – anyone with a high number of reported griefing instances and confirmed kill count (confirmed manually by staff) should be vulnerable to permadeath if their personal reviver is destroyed.

Trent
Participant

I hate griefers for what they do to a game like this but I don’t see permadeath as a practical solution. Its far too difficult to establish how much actual griefing has been done. Its possible, yes, but to costly.

Red flagging people with high kill numbers in low tier zones might be a possibility though.

nii
Participant

Wait hold on – Are you serious?

This game is LITERALLY almost entirely PvP, and the point is kind of to become a sky pirate. Why are you complaining about this?

Thuntomite Stew
Participant

Maybe you should uninstall the game, reformat your hard drive then throw your computer out of the window.

After that, if at all possible, disconnect any access you have to the internet.

Hopefully that’s a safe enough space for you.

Beeskee
Participant

It makes sense from a storytelling perspective: the respawn points no longer respawn a character once they exceed a certain number of murders.

And it adds real risk to griefing. Isn’t that what PVPers want?

da Chili
Participant

Mixing pvp with griefing once again.

So you are saying if i go pirate people with tier1 ships i shall permadie if I’m a successful tier 1 pirate.

And tier 4 players will have a safe haven in tier 1, because if you battle in tier 1 you can get permadeath.

da Chili
Participant

Btw griefers dont need to kill you to grief you. But what do you need to get rid of a griefer? Ye thats right kill them.

Beeskee
Participant

Mis-reading once again.

I did say permadeath only for reported/confirmed griefing, monitored and confirmed by game staff.

If you have a useful suggestion regarding this feature, please feel free to contribute.

Thuntomite Stew
Participant

The only useful suggestion is that this is a shit suggestion and you should just forget it.

Beeskee
Participant

Please feel free to provide details as to why you think so.

Atreties
Participant

Define griefing in the context of WA. Distinguish this from pirating. Distinguish both of these from PvP.

Ask 100 people this and you’ll get 100 different answers. That’s why your idea is stupid.

Beeskee
Participant

If you’re really in favor of griefing, please explain why.

Thuntomite Stew
Participant

Atreties said it best.

Mr Magic
Participant

I don’t see perma death as a solution, but to say This is a garbage idea due to Worlds adrift being a strictly PVP pirate KOS game seems ludacris. the point of WA is to be able to play in alot of different playstyles and you are quite vonerable to griefers and pirates in general. I think efforts should be made to tip the scales a bit, but this solution is to unbalanced and hard to implement. This being said more constructive critisism is welcome than “garbage idea”.

Beeskee
Participant

It would be based on player reports.

What does griefing add to the game? Not just PVP but outright griefing. What does it add? What point is it? Do you realize that you have an obligation in a multiplayer game to play in a way that provides an enjoyable gaming experience to everyone involved? That if you are about to do something that would get you punched in the nose if the other player was within range of you RL, maybe you shouldn’t do it?

Griefers SHOULD be banned. They add nothing. They take everything. They ruin games. I’ve seen it happen. Everyone quits “because it’s boring” because all the prey moved on. The game dies.

Smarter people than you or me figured this out DECADES ago.

http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm

“The killers have killed/frightened off everyone else, and left to find some other MUD in which to ply their trade.”

Permadeath is the soft option. Griefers SHOULD be banned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you want to report this content?

Yes
Add to wishlist button
Bossa Studios logo Improbable logo

Bossa Studios is a multiple award winning independent games developer and publisher happily based in London. We’re the makers of the mega-games Surgeon Simulator, I am Bread and the upcoming MMO Worlds Adrift. Oh, and we’re completely in love with our players (even when they’re angry with us!)

© 2017 Bossa Studios Ltd. Worlds Adrift is a registered trademark of Bossa Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.

EULA – Privacy & Cookies Policy