Official details on the Worlds Adrift pay model
Thanks to everyone who has shared their suggestions and views on how best to bring Worlds Adrift out of the studio and into the wild!
Your feedback has helped us immensely as we’ve been debating our business model (F2P vs. Pay Once vs. Subscriptions), and some things have come through loud and clear – NO subscriptions and NO pay to win.
We’ve been thinking about the core philosophies of the game, what’s important to us as a studio, the commercial realities of running a massive online game daily for years with ongoing costs (servers, maintenance etc.), and read everything you’ve shared on these forums so far…
…and we can now officially announce the following:
– The game will be pay once and play.
– The game will launch on Steam Early Access in 2016.
– Expect the price point to be competitive to the biggest survival games out there 🙂
– There will be an in-game store where you can buy cosmetics – like clothing for your traveller, figureheads for your ship etc., as long as it has no effect on game balance.
– You will be able to buy some convenience items (e.g. extra character slots, character renames), again as long as these don’t mess with the experience of other players.
– There will be NO pay to win items or pay walls.
– We’ll be using Steam Wallet to keep things simple and transparent.
– There will be a range of Founders packs. More on this later, as we want your input on the features of these packs before we make the call.
Without your feedback this would of been impossible, so again – thank you.
It’s not over yet, though! There are lots of juicy details and complexities to pulling this off – and we want you to be a part of this. Please continue to challenge us, share your ideas and help us make Worlds Adrift the best experience possible.
See you in the skies, travellers!
Woop! Cannot wait. 2016 though! Gonna be a long wait, hopefully you guys keep our appetites sated with regular gameplay footage 😛 Any news on roughly when in 2016? Not to sound pushy or anything obviously but early? Mid? Late? I’m so excited!
Best selling survival games? So DayZ (cough lol) and ARK are probably the biggest seling survival games of the last couple years. They retail for around £21.99 which sounds more than reasonable to me.
Any idea on the cost yet or is that still coming? :p
The founder packs are going to be sold on steam right?
Sound sweet! I always enjoy cosmetics in games. Keep up the great job. ヽ(・ε・｀)
Sounds really good, will there be a way to test if the game will run on your PC before buying the game, because I would be really sad if it didn’t (since this is my most anticipated game right now)
Might just have to buy a new PC for the games comming out in 2016 now that I’m thinking about it xD
Yes! Thank you Ricardo! From this point on I will be looking forward to January 1st and being utterly disappointed every morning when I check Steam until early access is available 😛
Thanks for the info about pricing.
I really hope Bossa Studios keeps their word about the pricing structure and the cash shop elements. Please don’t let this become another travesty like ArcheAge 🙂
Thank you 😀 I am very excited about this now as it draws closer 🙂
Woooo! Beautiful! Now to start saving and hoping it comes out in UK summertime so I am off school…
Awesome. one of the fairest wayst to do it. props for that.
The topic ‘Official details on the Worlds Adrift pay model’ is closed to new replies.