Buy Now

Forums

My Alpha 6 Bugs & Feedback

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Blakfox 1 year, 6 months ago.

Daan
Participant

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while since I played this game, I participated in the first 2 alpha’s but then the requirements to run the game smoothly exceeded my PC 🙁
Luckily, I am able to play now and I have to say this game has become A LOT better since those alpha’s. It’s amazing to see some of my (and probably a lot of other people’s) suggested fixes / ideas in the game now!

I did not have the time to check all the other posts on the forums to see if some of this stuff is already mentioned so sorry if I repeat others!

Bugs:
– [GAME BREAKING] Not being able to craft anything at all in the assembly station. The drop down menu simply won’t open so I can’t select anything to craft. Randomly happens and stays that way for several hours/days on ALL assembly stations.
– Un-attached ship parts randomly falling through the ground and/or dissapearing when trying to place it on your shipframe
– Being able to get stuck between pretty much all ship parts and the ship itself which results in instant death
– Eating food isn’t always working, sometimes I press the LMB but I won’t start eating so I have to scroll between my other tools a bit and try again to see if it works. You also can’t eat food from the same hotbar slot twice in a row, I have to scroll to other slots and go back again to eat again.
– A lot of framedrops, especially when building a shipframe from a shipyard; The ship forming out of thin air looks cool but gave me trouble instead of a “wow” effect 😛
– Server stutters, everything freezes for around 10 seconds, then works for 3 seconds and after those 3 seconds my character got placed where I was when the stutter started.
– Thin lines attached to all creatures from time to time, most visible on manta rays
– The physics can act a bit wonky from time to time, especially when a collision happens
– Not 100% if it’s my own fault or a bug, but I have crafted the wrong item several times, when I clearly clicked another item it still gave me another item, mostly an item I selected earlier in the assembly station
– Not 100% if it’s a bug or a game mechanic I don’t understand but I logged in today wanting to continue working on my docked ship from yesterday but when I try to access the shipyard it tells me I need to repair it before I can use it again, tried repairing all ship parts & the shipyard itself without success

I’m sure I missed some bugs I encountered but I wanted to atleast provide you with what I did remember 😉

– The progress system with finding “blueprints” for craftable items is a lot of fun but it could definitely be expanded and improved. I think some items that aren’t at the moment, should be available to craft from the very start of your journey in this wonderful world. It took me a long time before I finally was able to craft a Sky Core Atlas Enhancer or Power Generator.
– The fact that you can only place 1 atlas core on your ships makes it very hard to be creative building a ship. The weight system is surely interesting but can also be very frustrating. All my ships where to heavy to even fly when all I had were some panels, and the absolutely vital stuff. I can pretty much only fly with a frame because it’s too heavy way too soon. I think you should be a lot more forgiving and only prevent ships from being “5 layers of armor and 200 cannon” ships. IMO you should either be able to place more Skycores on all ships or make a single skycore a lot “stronger””

Must have additions (IMO):
– An indicator of how much your ship currently weighs, maybe let it show up in a corner as soon as you enter the “shipyard dome”
– Simple video (or text, but video’s are a lot more accessible) tutorials for ATLEAST all the basic parts of the game (shipbuilding, getting resources, gathering intelligence, cooking, windwalls & storms etc.) to get new players started

But most of all I really enjoy playing this game, the devs are doing an amazing job in shaping the future of this promising game!

Please feel free to add to this list and/or let me know if some of this stuff is already in the works or already in the game and I simply missed it!

fenix

– Not 100% if it’s a bug or a game mechanic I don’t understand but I logged in today wanting to continue working on my docked ship from yesterday but when I try to access the shipyard it tells me I need to repair it before I can use it again, tried repairing all ship parts & the shipyard itself without success

This is a new mechanic. To summarize:
1. Docked ships don’t logoff. (there is a chat warning about it)
2. Shipyards now take damage from the periodic “Understorms” which strike islands. After 10-12 hours, a shipyard will be destroyed.
3. Ships that crash into the ground begin to deteriorate (sink a little into the ground). The mechanic is incomplete, because currently you cannot raise a crashed ship that has sunken into the ground (even slightly). Eventually you will be able to repair and raise crashed ships like that.

For this reason, it’s strongly advised that you finish your ship at least to the point where it can lift off and float under its own power. Be sure to install and register yourself to a personal reviver pad so the ship will log out after you do (assuming you undock it). Players leaving their ships alone in-world for hours at a time do so at their own peril. Remember: this world runs 24/7 and is shard by many other players who could steal or wreck an unattended vessel.

It is also planned to make shipyards report a frame’s weight prior to crafting (and I would assume similarly for docked ships as well). Furthermore, another upcoming feature will allow shipyards the ability to recycle frames in case you mess one up.

JerrekCarnelian
Participant

It is also planned to make shipyards report a frame’s weight prior to crafting (and I would assume similarly for docked ships as well). Furthermore, another upcoming feature will allow shipyards the ability to recycle frames in case you mess one up.

looks like they implemented it for parts at the assembly station – you get a weight indication prior to crafting / try different materials and you will see how it changes.

Additionaly the weight of a ship in total can be found out when you attach the data core scanner (slot 4) to a beam of the ship.

fenix

Yes, the post I linked to mentioned that the shipyards not having that weight preview like the assembly station was an oversight.

Daan
Participant

Thanks for the info guys!

Blakfox
Participant

– [GAME BREAKING] Not being able to craft anything at all in the assembly station. The drop down menu simply won’t open so I can’t select anything to craft. Randomly happens and stays that way for several hours/days on ALL assembly stations.

Is that the same bug where you simply have to scroll up with the mouse wheel to fix it? It simply loads the menu too high up somehow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Alpha Test’ is closed to new topics and replies.