Forums

Loot system is bugged last two weeks, relies too much upon unlooted chests

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Zyion 4 months, 1 week ago.

Fearlessjake
Participant

Story time: been looting for last 2 hours across 5 islands in T4, every chest.

4 sky core upgrades in total, 3 circuitry and 1 computer. Big chest at end of a puzzle, filled with circuitry network, good t4 engines, as expected. Smaller and big chest that are easy accessible: offcourse pirate flags, stoves and blue schems. Again the illusive, mythical glider schematic that i never found last 2 months nowhere to be seen. No efficiency module, nada. Shipping container? Nope

Fearlessjake
Participant

The level of disrewarding is just waaaay too high at this point. I mean in the past i would have found one rare schematic (glider) by now. Instead of increasing these grinds, its better to focus on decreasing it.

Fearlessjake
Participant

I just did some tests on Slave paradise, filled all the chest with random garbage, filled up to the top with stuff. Apparently the amount of stuff inside does not affect the quality of loot in the next reset. The amount/count a chest is accessed inbetween a reset affects the quality apparently. This said, again, the quality of schematics are worse when there is a lot of people online and visit islands a lot. You can better play when there are not many people playing, you get better schematics then. But that is for most people not an option, so yes, this is definitly a bug. Good schematics require 2/3 islands resets where the chest was not looted.

I am still waiting for some response from Bossa, i understand you want to give ZERO info about this. But some feedback would be appreciated, without giving much details about this.

Thank you

Entity Progressive
Participant

Isn’t having rare items in game more plausible if they are actually rare?

This idea that one looks for a schematic, that lasts forever, takes more than a week doesn’t seem rare to me. Call me when you can’t find your precious glider schem in 6 months.

Fearlessjake
Participant

Who is talking about rarity, i am talking about the fact that rare items only spawn when chests undergo a couple island resets. The fact that, probably, bossa did not count in how human nature took over their code because, yes, every island gets looted every 2 hours. The fact that i find these rare items during the downtime, low population hours.

The fact that i yesterday discouraged people of my new temporary crew, when we just made it in T4: “Don’t put your hopes up, the loot will not be great, there is a lot of people online.” And we visited 3 islands, all looted, the ones with filled chests only blue schematics. Nothing rare, nothing gold, all the same loot after it got looted before the reset.

So the fact that i already know that we won’t get great loot (and we didn’t), just looking at how many people are online. Is just not.RIGHT!

Entity Progressive
Participant

“Who is talking about rarity, i am talking about the fact that rare items only spawn when chests undergo a couple island resets”

You are talking about rarity. You just said “i am talking about the fact that rare items only spawn when chests undergo a couple island resets”

I am saying that consistent looting is what makes the items more rare. That fact is that looting maintains the rarity instead of just a simple sandwall hop and bam, T4 items are in all the T4 chests.

Fearlessjake
Participant

Well then my ‘consistent’ looting, spending 4 days in H5 during crowded hours gave me zero sky core upgrades. I am not playing anymore during the crowded hours untill this is resolved.

Entity Progressive
Participant

Sounds like you found a solution to your problem.

Fearlessjake
Participant

It is not only my problem tbh. Not everyone can play when they want. Blocking sky core upgrade/figurehead schems behind the accumulation/chest access is not a good thing. Especially in the PVE areas where people just loot loot fly around, loot… The programming is good, but its the overlooting and hoarding human nature took over, which the code cannot handle.

Tbh this should be addressed if this game becomes more popular.

Zyion
Participant

If certain drops are dependent on chests being unlooted for a certain amount of resets, then that is a serious problem. It basically makes it so that the only people who can get the rarest loot are the ones in certain time zones or those who can play at the time of the day when no one is on. In any other game, that is like saying someone can’t progress unless they are willing to skip work or lose sleep. Loot drops should be the same for everyone regardless of how busy the servers are.

Fearlessjake
Participant

You are correct @zyion, this may be the underlying problem of this entire thread. I mean i was yesterday looting with a friend in the badlands foir 3 hours, 90% of the schematics we found where lores we already learned and blue schematics. Some T4 cannon with crazy capacity ridiculous RNG stats and some wings. And yes T4 suuuuunstreaaaaaams with 19 power. So i also consider those worthless (The schem RNG is like the roll RNG, so chances of find a T4 jet engine in chests is very very low also). I found one glider schematic… YES FINALLY AFTER 3 FRIKKING MONTHS FFS. But other then that it was kinda pointless run. This morning i logged in, i collected around 4 interesting T4 schems. 2 computer sky core upgrades, good T4 cannon and a pretty decent T4 propeller engine.

Considering that those schems could not be found when there where a lot of people online, i still consider this a serious bug. It is a thin line, i know. And i might be exagurating here, but there should be some implementations that even when chests get looted very frequently due to the fact there are many people online, there should be a minimum amount of better quality schematics. Again its difficult to balance this, but locking away certain schems behind multiple resets is the worst thing you can do at this point. Especially in the PVE areas where people find even less good quality schems and sky core upgrades.

I hope it really gets a small revision so that the thin line of balance becomes better. Too many disappoinments in loot and RNG rolls does drive away players from this game, i hope the devs realize this.

yournickdoesmatter
Participant

Please leave the loot system as it is. I love gambling.

Fearlessjake
Participant

@yournickdoesmatter, as i see you posted a comment like this: ‘Blights are completely fine and I hope they remain the way they are. My favorite in-game content.’ i consider you a troll.

RitchieJ
Participant

Probably not ‘Trolling’ –
More like sarcasm/satire.
We’re well into the ‘anything-goes’ phase on this forum.

Fearlessjake
Participant

I am thinking to program a system on the map so we can indicate and inform each other more when a place is looted, so the community has a more fulfilling chest run instead of disappointments. Like you can press a button on a island every 10 min with your logged in account (for spam protection) and the island is indicated on the map as looted for at least 100 minutes (the timer is inbetween 90 and 150 minutes for each reset i assume).

Good idea or not?

I also want to program a system on the map so people can indicate wheter there is a blight on a island.

Should be cool making the map more interactive as a tool (Thinking about a event system too).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Loot system is bugged last two weeks, relies too much upon unlooted chests’ is closed to new replies.