Buy Now

Forums

Loot system is bugged last two weeks, relies too much upon unlooted chests

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Zyion 5 days, 6 hours ago.

Fearlessjake
Participant
Waiting for review

I talked with some people, the loot system is really bugged atm. I spend last 4 days on PVE/PVP badlands area H5 finding the efficiency module in the badlands. In the past (two weeks ago) i would find it within 6 hours after visiting 4/5 islands… But after 4 days spending there and visiting every island in H5 i gave up. The problem was identified after talking to Anne.

It seems like the schematics/clothing quality will increase if a chest is unlooted for a couple island resets. But yes, because many chests are, DUH, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, always looted, those high quality schems became very rare.

The quality of loot has dropped a lot and because of the overlooting, all sky core upgrades (especially the ones from the badlands) became very rare. I noticed too, that i immediatly found sky core schem upgrades after maintenance. So is maintenance used for placing better stuff/schematics/clothing? I remember an old game of mine, DayZ had simular problems like that, i could find good stuff after maintenance and never before (Smersh vest!).

I could say this is a critical bug, but i leave it up for a response of the developers in here. Relying loot quality upon unlooted chests is not a good thing and can be considered a bug, because of the overlooting and amount of people playing atm.

If you experienced something simular the last two weeks, please share your story in this thread, so the developers really need to take a look at this. But hey, all login after maintenance! The loot is far more superior after maintenance! Hazaa! 🙂 (Found a shipping container schem 2 days ago in H1 right after maintenance, Anne had dificulties finding that one last week)

PS: We need YEAST for our bread and beer recipes that are now rendered useless because of this bug!! 🙂

temka
Participant

I would call that a feature, not a bug 🙂 I believe that if one could get all the end-game upgrades just within 5-6 hours spent in T4, that makes no reason for longterm gaming. A chance that you would hit an unlooted island, or a single chest, is low. Nonetheless still possible.

The world should grow, more zones and islands should be added to give us a sense of continued exploration. Once you spent 200+ hours in-game, the world seems to be too small 🙂

Azim Off
Participant

The constant times of island resets is without a doubt big piece of this problem.
You can oftenly notice a ship appearing right before the island reset only to loot thrue chests and disappear.
Not only does it hurt the other players, who wont get any loot from the island, but it as well hurt the quality of the loot they might get, if they are faster than those ‘farmers’.

Fearlessjake
Participant

I agree with you on that @temka, but i feel there needs to be more funding then for more servers, which cannot be done probably at this point. I do still believe the randomness should not rely on a ‘unlooted’ state imo. They probably have it configured now: 5 circuitry network schems spread across entire badlands minimum + additional of those schems based upon the unlooted stat of chests. It would be better that they rely that more on a fixed number instead of using the unlooted combination with a fixed amount. There is a request/demand threshold that goes hand in hand with rewarding players that spend their time in the game. Too much disappointments in RNG rolls in engines and loot will draw away players from this game. So even if you consider this personally as a feature, i personally consider this a bug. Let’s just see how this thread evolves. Thanks for the input @temka

Halfblood
Participant

Many people have alts logged out beside the chests in T4… every 2 hours they jump on and loot them. It would probably be better to make chest refill themselves over time instead of in one shot.

Fearlessjake
Participant

Yes i noticed a player that was flying around with 12 respawners on his ship in T2. I assume he drops off his 11 characters in the badlands and logs them out near chests in the badlands, farming them constantly, login next to golden chest, get interesting loot, log out. When the inventory of that character is full, fly by, pick up the good schems. But because of this, also, the quality reduces for other players. Even if this kind of ‘cheesing’ is happening, the quality should not rely upon this unlooted stat. I remember one time i was in the badlands with friends, we spend like an hour on an island rebuilding, we landed 15 min before reset. We saw a ship login 3 min after reset, that guy noticed we where there are asked that we looted the chests. Yeah duh! So he logged off again with his ship. So again, this guy was cheesing. When we left the island, the island resetted, we flew back. Yups there was his ship again, reducing the loot quality.

Fearlessjake
Participant

This also evolves a bit around respawner charge. What is the point when people just logout and login next to chests? I believe there should be a non-login/logout invisible area available for the island creator, so creators can forbid people overlooting chests by logging out right next to it. Fullfill the puzzle, spend time, get the right deserved loot. So like draw a invisible 3d box in the island creator where people are forbidden to login/logout, where shipyards cannot be placed down, where ships cannot fly into.

Fearlessjake
Participant

@halfblood, yes i agree, dynamic timers are needed badly. The fixed timers, even if a bit variable, is being abused it seems. I never did timer the understorms, but i seen a lot of evidence of people clearly abusing it.

ZeroCool5254
Participant

I have to agree with Fearless, It’s been weeks since I’ve had any decent loot. Every single island I hit is cleaned out. Maybe out of 5 or 6 islands I’ll find some chests that weren’t looted. Lately, anything good that I need, I have to trade for. Once in a while when time permits and I can log in early in the morning (SAST or GMT+2) I will find islands unlooted.

Something definitely needs to be done to fix this. Lots of players especially people new to the game often complains that island after island after island is stripped clean. making it extremely hard for them to progress. Being in an alliance (The Minutemen), often we give players schematics that they otherwise do not find.

Yeah sure make rarer things harder to find but the way the rarer loot is spawned needs to be looked at. Also, Alt farming is becoming a bit of a problem, but I also get why people do it. As of late if you need good mats or schematics then you have no choice but to go down this route.

Sweet Briana
Participant

Bigger map needed.

As lil Boosie says: WIPE IT DOWN!

@fearlessjake

The problem is commerce – it is ALWAYS the problem. People seek to exploit resources for their own gain beyond what is needed or required but to a level of EXCESS.

One look at the Trade Store reveals this.

In October we had 600 people logged in with 1/3rd of them playing the role of trader. The North was super camped with islands stripped bare locust style, and people LIVING in puzzles like GAUNTLET, and bragging how they have filled 2 shipping containers of schematics in 2 days because “no one gets the chests before them” – Mind you the person also NEVER LOGGED OUT.

The issue is GREED.

Also as far as rare schematic loot goes, if you hit an island directly after a respawn it is unlikely you will get a rare schematic, but come the 2nd and 3rd respawn, yellow schemes will spawn.

Until ALLIANCE claimed islands becomes a thing, FORCE RESPAWN all logged out accounts in the island zone.

If they are on their ship – not an issue. If they are on the islnd and logged out – they dead. If their ship is too far – thats a 25% reviver hit, and if they dont have a hellspawner – they are popped.

Also, auto destroy certain materials during the storm – like any placed ground objects (makeshift boxes), regardless of the loot in them.

Fearlessjake
Participant

@ZeroCool354, which is cool, trade fuel for schems. But i was on quest 5 days earlier to find a the efficiency module myself. But no luck after day by day looting all badland islands. There is simply too much overlooting and yeah like indicated and confirmed by a lot of players. The quality seems to be lower when the chest are looted often. Which should not be the case.

Fearlessjake
Participant

@sweet-briana i don’t mind a wipe, but, yes i like a bigger map. But the map should be expanded/shrunk according to the playerbase. I mean have the current map as the minimum size. Lots of players online, an extra region becomes active. Everyone logged off in a region or barely someone in a region, let the islands slowly sink with a clear visual indication to the abyss, no islands, people flee the region >> region taken offline. I would like to see that, dynamic size of the map, but i think very very very tricky imo. Like that there is every week a new region you can for example discover would be cool.

PS, the bank island i was on. It was not looted for a while i think 2 understorms reset the island. Aaaand i get a coolant system schem and stabilizer schematic. So again my theory is confirmed. Too much depends on the ‘unlooted’ stat of chests, which feels so wrong in a way.

Fearlessjake
Participant

I did some tests this morning around 10 am GMT+1 my time, almost lowest population in the game according to steamcharts. I logged on with my 14 jet solo ship near pyramid island, flew down, great loot, two computer sky core upgrades, great T4 cannon, air speed indicator, great clothing. So i was 99% sure the island underwent at least 1 resets where the chests are still filled, went back below the island to offload loot on my ship. Started pointing to the next island, launched jets …. suddenly island reset. Oh the perfect test: went back for all the chests. Offcourse, as expected, duh… sigh, i get like a crows nest, pirate flag, blue cannon ciphers. In other words, the same worse loot you get when the chests where looted before the island resetted. Mitigating the chance of finding great stuff.

In other words: i will not be spending more time in the badlands when there are a lot of people online. I will look at steamcharts and only loot during the down hours. It is NOT WORTH the risk playing in the badlands during the crowded hours as a solo player.

Fearlessjake
Participant

Next island: https://map.cardinalguild.com/pve/?island=216

I went for the puzzles on the side with small chests first, i would assume people where less interested in those. Great loot! Air speed indicator, good clothing, good t4 swivel. I went for the big chests puzzle next aaand *drumroll* ….. Yes I get the lower tier loot, crows nest etc, so yeah those where looted before. Again confirming what is wrong with the loot system, high quality schems depend upon chests that are not looted before the reset.

Sweet Briana
Participant

@fearlessjake

I confirmed it this morning as well.

It only takes 1 round of the chest not being looted for yellow schematics to start spawning again. However, i still don’t see the more rare yellow schematics unless an island goes unlooted for about 8-12hrs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.