Buy Now

Forums

Knowledge Trees for Non-Procedural Schematics

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Theblades 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Nassassin97
Participant

Like the current trees that give you procedural engines/wings/weapons, these 2 new trees could provide schematics that are normally found in chests without granting duplicates.

Have one tree be used to unlock equipment for personal use (clothes, fires, gliders, etc.) and another for ship parts (stairs, storage, compass, etc.) Then balance the knowledge cost accordingly.

This would allow people who are lucky with chests to fill out their recipe book and people who aren’t lucky get certain upgrades eventually.

Once you get all of the schematics, the trees are no longer needed and any duplicates received from chests can be salvaged for knowledge to use on the procedural stuff.

I understand why this may cause a few issues, but I still think it would be worth testing out. Thoughts?

Ena
Participant

Just think that necessary basics like compass or structural (medium and large panels) should be avaible sooner. The rarety of some items are important. I kind of agree that the rng is too much for these basic survival and necessary wall equipment.

Blaize
Participant

In my crew of 6 guys we spent nearly 20 hours looting and were just getting bad luck. We did not find a compass for 4 days of just looking for it. Then found 2 in one chest. I would have liked it done differently

Fenix

I think this might be planned. I recall the twitch stream in which cooking was introduced (the video itself is no longer available) that the dev’s mentioned they had plans for things like a cooking knowledge tree.

If that remains true, then I suspect we’ll likely see more trees for non-procedural stuff as well.

Ena
Participant

for the meantime regarding the compass – u can use the wind, as the wind won´t change in a wall. Additionally a atlas compass can be used to keep direction.

El Whoops
Participant

for the meantime regarding the compass – u can use the wind, as the wind won´t change in a wall.

Are you really sure about that?!? I’d rather put my trust in the particles you see in the air.

Additionally a atlas compass can be used to keep direction.

THAT however is a fabulous idea!

Ena
Participant

@elwhoops

with my luck i only find a compass in t3, so yeah even solution 1 is quite reliable. For soloing the walls it is enough, but kinda trouble along repairs – as it needs more time, which is limited especially in a sandwall.

Theblades
Participant

My crew and I find compasses left inside crafting stations all the time. Most players don’t seem to check every station when they land. We have also found T4 engines, cannons, wings and lots of other things. Granted if you get wasted you lose the items but in the short term you can enjoy the harder to find and higher level items early on if you can find them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.