Buy Now

Forums

Is this game in maintenance mode?

This topic contains 66 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Bangles 1 month, 1 week ago.

Sweet Briana
Participant

Best thing you can do is:

– Enjoy what we have whilst we have it.
– Remove expectations
– Hope for stuff that makes your exploration more interesting, like stuff to find, etc.
– Offer suggestions feedback you feel is within their skill-set to accomplish based on what you have seen them put on the road-map and produce thus far.

However, making excuses for a game dev. company when anyone can look at the hundreds of public posted road-maps and completed projects along with their time-lines juxtaposed to this one and clearly see discrepancy is rather ignorant by choice (which is identified as stupidity), sycophantic, and most likely both since sycophantic behaviour breeds the ‘ance’ to ignore aka stupidity.

Imperialguard
Participant

Typical salty-b. once again telling people to just suck it up.
Funny enough you tell people to give feedback according to our perceived skill set of the devs….
I suppose most of us think more of them than you do.
That’s ironic considering u brown-nose them all day everyday.

Jaymz Canada
Participant

Offer suggestions feedback you feel is within their skill-set to accomplish based on what you have seen them put on the road-map and produce thus far.

Road map features section of the forum hasn’t been updated in 3 months. Last Announcement post was 4 weeks ago. The CTO said to bear with him while he learns how to use an online forum, then never made another post.

Crafting more than one item at a time would be something I’d hope is within their technological grasp. I remember that particular request being old news by the time I got here in May 2017.

Remove expectations

That’s what they’re hoping we do!

Imperialguard
Participant

@jaymz-canada

Crafting more than one item at a time would be something I’d hope is within their technological grasp. I remember that particular request being old news by the time I got here in May 2017.

Yea that be nice. You mean like multiple items of the same kind right?
Otherwise it wouldn’t make much sense but that’s just me.

Jaymz Canada
Participant

Multiple items of the same kind, or different items. The same item by using the (now seemingly removed) crafting multiplier. Different items using a crafting queue (for either gauntlet, stove, loom or assembler crafting) as is seen in numerous other games that involve crafting. Both should be easily possible and within the technological grasp of the devs.

yournickdoesmatter
Participant

The pace WA is being developed at is perfect. We don’t need a game that changes everyday. Current amount of content is enough for years of gameplay.

Imperialguard
Participant

this is getting ridiculous ^ 2nd account?

RitchieJ
Participant

The CTO said to bear with him while he learns how to use an online forum, then never made another post . . .

In fairness, I assume he has made ‘another post’ (or more) –
On the Unity and Improbable forums to seek help with the ‘Blight Challenge’.
He was simply using this one as a ‘warm-up’.

Crazyinsaneguy
Participant

I think right now they can’t work as much on features because they’re trying to get things that the community is complaining about underway first, then add new features the community is complaining about, all while trying to get better servers so that can handle everything that everyone’s complaining about, while trying to increase the servers even more to get rid of the blight complaints, while trying to actually add in concept features that have been long awaited (Sky whales, more guns, more animals, etc.), while adding more tiers, while making sure physics work,while adding in things like overheat, proximity overheat, and capacity, while trying to cope with all the bugs, while trying to deal with all the people on the forums, while everyone’s complaining that they’re not doing it fast enough! As I said, it’s a bit hard to manage a game of this scale, with what Bossa has right now, the funding, and all the wanted features. They’re working on it. I’m not trying to, quote

once again telling people to just suck it up.

But I’m trying to help people understand that this is tough. Bossa’s in a rough position, and on top of all of that, they’ve got other games they’re working on. If you don’t think Worlds Adrift is good, then play another game while they work on it.

Or, maybe, try to do in-game challenges, like destroy a t4 ship with only swivel guns, with only ramming, or see how fast you can destroy a t4 ship with a brand new character, or build a ship and fly it into the haven wall for kicks. Or, make a fleet of ships only to purposefully be destroyed by the blight. Be creative! Make a community event. Have a race. Organize a huge fight to the death. Create a game where everyone in a certain alliance makes a new character, builds a ship, and the last one standing wins. And these are just some of the ideas just I have. Make an entirely gold ship. Try to make so many blightbringers you spawn more than one on top of each other. Make your ship look like a porcupine with so many lamps. Make an entirely tungsten ship and see how it works. Try to claim an entire region. Make a huge alliance like JoD did. This game isn’t only survive, build, find resources. This is WORLDS ADRIFT.

GO WILD!

El Whoops
Participant

Well, it sure looks like this game is in maintenance mode.

There is a list of the things the devs are working on and it absolutely reads like a post from the maintenance team of a well established online game.
I strongly doubt that WA will ever go out of beta. They are done with this.

Not sure there’s any conspiracy to be had.

There’s no conspiracy. There is just nothing happening.

You know … it’s exactly like “The world is heading towards WW3” not being a conspiracy theory while nukes are dropping from the sky. Simple fact.
So, this game being in maintenance mode is absolutely true as long as they don’t deliver.

Crazyinsaneguy
Participant

I think what happened was they added new features too fast earlier on, then they now are trying to work out the kinks. I agree, I wish it could be faster too, but it just isn’t. So I’m just gonna chill till it is.

Bangles
Participant

this is getting ridiculous ^ 2nd account?

Yeah but who? A Bossa employee?

I think right now they can’t work as much on features because they’re trying to get things that the community is complaining about underway first, then add new features the community is complaining about, all while trying to get better servers so that can handle everything that everyone’s complaining about, while trying to increase the servers even more to get rid of the blight complaints, while trying to actually add in concept features that have been long awaited (Sky whales, more guns, more animals, etc.), while adding more tiers, while making sure physics work,while adding in things like overheat, proximity overheat, and capacity, while trying to cope with all the bugs, while trying to deal with all the people on the forums, while everyone’s complaining that they’re not doing it fast enough! As I said, it’s a bit hard to manage a game of this scale, with what Bossa has right now, the funding, and all the wanted features. They’re working on it.

Bossa isn’t in a unique position no matter how much you want to try and paint them into one. You make it seem like everything is complaint addressing and the next time someone, anyone even, complains about something that every employee at Bossa will whip their heads around and immediately start working on their task whilst losing all progress on other issues as though they have the attention span of a house cat. I would venture to guess that most people here have had jobs, school or some task in their life that requires them to shift their focus on multiple things. Tasks that require them to use their time effectively and sometimes manage the time of others. I won’t say it’s easy but at the same time you don’t just get a free pass because you are being paid to do something stressful.

Yes, yes, no one has ever done anything on the scale of Bossa. We all know it. That’s why they have a skeleton development team to bring this new technology as soon as humanly possible.

Worlds Adrift is a case study in managed decline.

Coontang
Participant
RitchieJ
Participant

. . . no one has ever done anything on the scale of Bossa . . . That’s why they have a skeleton development team . . .

Regretfully, that seems to be so.
I’ve always wondered why there appears to be such a tenuous link between Bossa and Improbable –
Given the scale of the challenge and the fact that WA is the primary showcase/case study for SpatialOS.

El Whoops
Participant

. . . no one has ever done anything on the scale of Bossa . . .

For good reasons. I am still not entirely sure why anyone would even try to do that. The benefits can never outweigh the costs.

I’ve always wondered why there appears to be such a tenuous link between Bossa and Improbable –
Given the scale of the challenge and the fact that WA is the primary showcase/case study for SpatialOS.

To clarify some things about that SpatialOS – here is how i understand it:
SpatialOS is just a cloud, a persistent object storage and has not much to do with the technical insanity that is WA.
You tell SpatialOS how to manipulate the objects it stores. SpatialOS does not process the world. Just stores it and changes it according to your commands.
The craziness is brought to you by the other servers. The ones actually calculating what’s happening in the world.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.