Home Forums General Discussion Force Field

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by PlayerOne PlayerOne 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    konga
    konga
    Participant

ive watched some game play videos and i wonder what the force field around docked ships is for? what does it do?

vick-viper89
    Vick-Viper89

It signifies the range that you can use your multitool to grap ship parts. anything outside of that you cant grab and will need to pull inside it with the grapple. it also allows you to grapple off the inside of it

konga
    konga
    Participant

nice, thank you! it sounds very useful.

jamesm2w
    jamesm2w
    Participant

Also it’s worth noting it doesn’t act as a “forcefield”, It does allow other players to enter and potentially grief your ship.

PlayerOne
    PlayerOne
    Participant

from what ive heard it can be attacked but if i lock it with a code it cant be altered or navigated by others.

jamesm2w
    jamesm2w
    Participant

Not quite. The shipyard bubble does nothing but signify where the extent of the lift mode works. But to use that lift mode you still have to be registered on the shipyard either by entering the code or being the owner. This doesn’t prevent the salvage tool from working though.

However if you are worried, don’t be, Bossa are aware of the greifing problem.

MrRobot
    MrRobot
    Participant

idk what the salvage tool is and dont understand exactly what bad things others can do but im not worried. the fear of griefing is what mmmorpg players have as a culturely unifying phenomenon. its like the fear of islam or something like that. but i like pvp. i dont need a safe haven.

jamesm2w
    jamesm2w
    Participant

The salvage tool is a mode on your multitool which rips things apart and gives you resources. It can cut down trees, harvest metal and fuel eggs but also take apart your ship.

I agree that griefing is a part of many Multiplayer Sandboxes but it’s a little too easy currently.

As Bossa have said before there won’t be any “safe zones” or something like that. So there you go.

PlayerOne
    PlayerOne
    Participant

thank you for the clarification.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.