Buy Now

Forums

Everythings broken tonight.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  herb 1 year, 11 months ago.

Ashar
Participant

Logged on tonight, couldnt steer my ship, was fine the other day, now its broken, can still move up and down, so was able to pop a shipyard undeneith and rebuild it (wanted to make a new ship anyway) For some reason every shipyard around me is broken, they all worked last time i played, but each is broken, and i cant repair them either, so i cant access any of my previous ships to salvage them.

I painstainklying build my new ship, even though lifters still dont work, so had to strip away everything, and replace with tin and elm parts. But then i cant interat with the generator to fill with fuel, i eventually find 1 tiny spot on my ship where i can, when turning in a certain diretion can interact with it to refuel it, no idea why, the generator has space on all sides to move around it.

So off i go, then bang the entire back side, several decks, and a few front panels dissappear off my ship, theres nothign around me, no trees below me, nothign that could have damaged my ship, so at this point im so confused and bewildered, i dont dare touch anything, i tried lowering the ship back down to the only working shipyard that i had placed a few hrs ago, but now thats broken, and i cant repair that either, so i cant repair my new ship. I just hope that since it isnt docked, it will despawn after ive logged off.

Side Note: why is it storage cant be accessed when its damaged, if i was to kick a cupboard and break it a bit, im sure i would still beable to access the contents, the materials i need to fix the storage unit, are INSIDE the storage unit, and i cant dismantle it, because its attached to something else, so now its a heavy paper wight containging half of my materials.

Blakfox
Participant

Today’s hotfix patch changed shipyards so that they take a little bit of damage every time lightning strikes the bottom of an island. Over a long enough period, all shipyards will break, and then disappear entirely.

Ashar
Participant

But as soon as they take dmg, they cant be interacted with, and even with various ores in my bag, the repair tool does nothing, the only thing i could do, was everytime one took dmg, i had to destroy it and replace it so i could dock again.

Since you can only have one shipyard active at a time, and will often need several when stripping down old ships to make a new one, it makes it that bit more frustrating when one of them suddenly becomes unusable. Whilst i was building last night i was hit by atleast 4 storms, i really want to enjoy the game, but its trying its hardest to stop me.

Ashar
Participant

meh, cant delete posts

Ashar
Participant

I had a wonderful time tonight, i made a new more compact ship, lowered the height of each floor to remove spare room, so the gen is just shy of the deck above, everything looked perfect and had space for 4 cupboards in the lower deck which poked just enough through the floor above so that i could access from the main deck. I had just over 25kg of weight spare (still 1000kg limit) so i decided to build a crows nest and stick it on top so i could more easily get to my ship. Everything went perfectly, until i started moving. For some reason the crows nest was fixxed to the world and my ship at the same time, and it literally ripped my ship apart, everything the hull plates, the gen the, engines wings even my revivor all ripped off, The screenie below doesnt do it justice, it continues to flail about warnign me my revivor is taking damage as it slowly dies.

I honestly thought tonight was the night i would end the game on a high note, i guess i should never get my hopes up

https://gyazo.com/c1409253c1aacab4b451c6cb0632a588

Ashar
Participant

attempt number 9, my ship hasnt completly torn itself apart yet, but for some reason 10 wooden panels, did vanish upon lifting off, no idea whats causing them to fall off, somethings goign wrong with how the game tells what parts are connected to what, cause bits keep flying off for no reason. ive checked the ground below me, and they didnt fall there, they just vanished.

grr, everytime i take off, several panels just fly off, for no reason, ive tried replacign them 3 times, but everytime i lift off again, more fly off

herb
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

Ashar, can you record some video of this bug happening? We haven’t seen other reports of panels vanishing as soon as the ship lifts off before!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Alpha Test’ is closed to new topics and replies.