Buy Game Flag
Before using the forum please read and make sure you agree to our Forum Rules. Forum Rules

Home Forums General Discussion Curious about wipe (hype?!)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Magoo 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author
Kaita
Participant

So I can understand that the wipe was delayed due to the late roll-out of 0.1.5 but the blog post stated that Bossa were hoping for “early/mid January”.
It would be nice to know if there is a date in mind so we can start the wipe hype train for real, start some free-for-all PvP events or anything!

It’s a patch a lot of people are waiting for and I’m sure there’s a bunch that would love to go all out before the wipe (myself included) but would just be lovely to have some warning 🙂

RitchieJ
Participant

There are issues with the 0.1.5 patch so I assume 0.1.6 together with the wipe won’t be happening until sometime in February at the earliest.

Anne
Participant

My guess is May…

Bossa Kirk
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

There’s no definitive date yet.

The 0.1.6 build which comes with the wipe is currently going through QA at the moment, hopefully, if no other problems are discovered it should go through in the next 2 weeks.

It’s super important to note that any date given at this stage is tentative

When we know for sure we’ll announce it with an official blog post e.t.c. We’ll try and give you guys as much lead up as possible and time for us to drum up a bit of hype around it too.

Jaymz Canada
Participant

Nov. 9/2017

On a more positive note, the 0.1.6 update that’s been worked on alongside 0.1.5 is currently going through it’s bug bashing phase with QA and so far it’s looking like it’ll be on track to come out early December, though that’s dependent on 0.1.5’s release. Either way, the wait time between 0.1.5 and 0.1.6 will be much shorter than it has been between previous updates! (Weeks, not months.)

3 months (and counting) of Quality Assurance.

Yowza…

Bossa Kirk
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

A perfect example why offering estimates ahead of a release candidate isn’t best practice, things can go awry and push dates back. Remember if a big problem is found the build then leaves QA, goes back for fixing and then into QA again. Worst case scenario those fixes can then have unintended side effects; it’s a cyclical and iterative process.

Kaita
Participant

Thanks Kirk for letting us know, of course it’s understandable that no date right now will be definite but just an idea as to where you guys are with it is plenty (well, for me!) 🙂

Good to know that everything is currently going well, can only hope that no nasty bugs arise!

Jaymz Canada
Participant

can only hope that no nasty bugs arise!

Nooooo! You jinxed it!!! 😉

Shade the Wanderer
Participant

If 0.1.6 takes a long time then its all Kaita’s fault.

Kaita
Participant

Oh gosh haha I really hope I haven’t jinxed it! xD

Hmm well @shade-the-wanderer, all I want is some fun PvP battles before the patch so if it delays then blame me, find me and come fight me mwuahaha! >:D

Charles Britannia
Participant

AW FUCK YEAH TWO WEEKS AWAY…HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE…SO MUCH FUCKING HYPE WOOOOOOOO
DON’T LET US DOWN BOSSA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vixa
Participant

Wait, 2 weeks away? Was this announced anywhere?
Or did I get baited? @[email protected]
edit: nvm I see it now

bobdebouwer
Participant

SOME NEWS ABOUT THE WIIIIIIIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE!

Mr Magoo
Participant

The biggest thing I’m exited for is more islands to explore and boarding defense weapons. Wish we could save are ship designs but oh well probably come up with a better one. So cross your fingers and hope it comes out in the soonish!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you want to report this content?

Yes
Add to wishlist button
Bossa Studios logo Improbable logo

Bossa Studios is a multiple award winning independent games developer and publisher happily based in London. We’re the makers of the mega-games Surgeon Simulator, I am Bread and the upcoming MMO Worlds Adrift. Oh, and we’re completely in love with our players (even when they’re angry with us!)

© 2017 Bossa Studios Ltd. Worlds Adrift is a registered trademark of Bossa Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.

EULA – Privacy & Cookies Policy