Buy Now

Forums

Closed Beta Access & Game Realease Questions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Hoeless 1 year, 6 months ago.

Cheese Puff
Participant

So, I’ve got three questions for this thread. The first is, do I have to sign up for the closed beta? or do I already have guaranteed access because I’ve already been in the alphas?

My second question is, when should we expect to see the realease of the real fully complete game? not the early access.

My last question is, would I also have a guaranteed slot to the early access version of the game because I’ve been in the alphas?

Fenix

As I understand it, according to this news post, after alpha, there will be a closed beta period which will be done through steam early access. This phase will last 3-4 months. After that, the game will enter public early access. So in that light…

1. Unknown, probably not? Since the closed beta is being done thorough steam early access, you might have to pay to get a key. Either way, keys will be made available in waves so the servers can ramp up in a controllable fashion.

2. Unknown. The only dates we have are the projected beginning of closed beta (end of April) and is projected duration (3-4 months). Public early access will start after that. No ETA on full release.

3. Probably not guaranteed. But Bossa will let us know ahead of time on the forums/e-mails so we’ll have a better chance at getting in early than the general public.

For more info, see the FAQ topic (which we try to keep updated).

bigddady
Participant

if u buy a key for a closed beta, u will get acces to “early access” period and u will get tha game at end?

bossa_oli
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

Will try to reply to your three questions:

Do I have to sign up for the closed beta? or do I already have guaranteed access because I’ve already been in the alphas?

No, you don’t “have to” sign up, however if you do and register for the newsletter, you’ll be first to know when the Founder’s pack will be made available. In a prior announcement, we mentioned that it will be available in limited quantities to begin with so we can ensure a good experience. So if you want to make sure you secure a copy right from the start, you might want to consider signing up. Having access to the Alpha won’t automatically grant you an access to Closed Beta since it will be made available to order from our website.

when should we expect to see the release of the real fully complete game? not the early access.

This is too early to mention any specific, we want to make sure to fully take into account everyone’s feedback and also our own learning from the Alpha and the upcoming Beta before we can consider when a “fully” complete game would be. If you are familiar with the MMO genre, such games are regularly updated for a very long time, it’s never an easy thing to say “it’s done, voilà” since the game will continuously evolve with the community. The game wouldn’t be what it is today without you so we want to get more players as soon as we possibly can 🙂

Would I also have a guaranteed slot to the early access version of the game because I’ve been in the alphas?

No, but we will make sure that people that subscribed to the mailing list will be informed in advance as for when the Founder’s Packs will be made available so they have a chance to get a copy first.

TrogDorBurninate
Participant

this wait is just painful. i didnt even find this game until it popped up as coming soon in steam a few weeks ago and i have been watching videos and waiting since then. im sure since i have a job and cant sit here waiting for newsletter im not going to get into the first batch of founders packs either 🙁

bossa_oli
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

We’ll share that a bit in advance Trog 😉

TrogDorBurninate
Participant

i have to start reading some pc magazines or im gonna keep missing these early stage games. im so bored of everything on my computer i find myself opening and immediately closing games until i end up just watching youtube videos of worlds adrift. im not very good at the level editor either so i built stuff to just practice the grappling hook and swinging around

USBEN
Participant

I watched a new gameplay trailer and now i am even more impatient to play the game . I hope i get that invite email asap .

tyrendian
Participant

Just show me in which direction I have to throw my money at you, sitting here totally patient waiting for the “now available” (itching around on me chair).

Rakushan
Participant

For what I know about early access, if you buy a key of an early access game, you don’t need to buy the game when they reach the full release

omniraptor
Participant

This looks like a good place to ask as any, will winners of the alliance contest get founders packs with beta access or only the full release?

Fenix

I don’t believe so. This thread lists the winners from that contest and what prizes were being given out. No mention of beta access was made.

Nick95
Participant

So you have to pay for access to the closed beta? Thats a game killer well done.

Hoeless
Participant

Where do I get a key tho?!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.