Buy Now
Before using the forum please read and make sure you agree to our Forum Rules. Forum Rules

Home Forums General Discussion Clarification required

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bossa kirk 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Author
supahffej
Participant

1.6 is late. We kinda knew that was coming.

But what is this multiple wipe talk? Can we PLEASE get some clarification from the devs on what EXACTLY is going on. This game is literally starting to have the worst customer updates of any game ever… and you guys literally made a point about how you were going to ‘keep us in the loop’ more. That is not fair when you take peoples money.

A short holiday break has turned into an information blackout.

admiral monkeydo
Participant

Wow.. over react much?

An information blackout after a week of putting out an information update?

This is not even close to a bad customer relation 😀

supahffej
Participant

Uhh no. I was referring to the pre-Christmas announcements RTFP.

admiral monkeydo
Participant

Ok so it is just complaining about a lack of announcements without looking at the announcements.

You are showing terrible Developer Service fej! 😀

supahffej
Participant

Oh I certainly looked.

3 months, 2 weeks ago
Bossa Kirk

admiral monkeydo
Participant

5 days ago

You are welcome.

supahffej
Participant

Okay so back to the OP before I got attacked as usual… (the only game community I have ever really posted on that the users are so salty)

1. Asking for clarification because in previous posts there were no talks about an island converter creator.. and now that we have waited months after being promised “mid january wipe”.. after being promised a “December wipe”.. now here Feb is knocking on our door.

2. Why cant WA get their crap together use their website / forums / steam. Why do they have to insist on hiding posts in patch updates and the community posts stuff before 90% of the users see it.

I’m too tired to ask for more clarification.. because the OP basically sums it up before Monkey attacks me with how great a job the devs are doing.

I feel ya, man. In this case, though, I don’t think they did that horrible a job telling us what was up. At least it seemed clear to me, though there are few bits that aren’t 100% clear. There’s a thread accumulating questions on that.

The process for converting islands from the creator to the game isn’t working as fast as they thought it would. As a result we get a wipe but no new islands in 0.1.6. We’re getting the wipe, I assume, because it lets Bossa test if the better shaders/textures on the islands have the impact on load lag/freeze that they hope it will. Not a bad thing since if it needs to be tweaked before the map change happens this leaves room for it.

Hindsight being 20/20 they could have done this months ago and spared themselves a heap of hissy fits but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

Oh- part of your point is that the announcements part of the forum isn’t used. Agreed on that.

admiral monkeydo
Participant

No salt here fej, just clarifying the negative hyberbole and factual inaccuracy of your OP.

I found the patch announcement on steam, in the news ticker, in my library game panel.

😀

bossa kirk
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

Multiple wipes have always been on the cards – it has been stated from the beginning of Closed Beta that there will be at least one wipe of progress.

You can find this in the FAQ:

Q.) Will my progress be reset during the Closed Beta?
A.) Yes! We’re aware this is a painful experience and will try to minimise the frequency of this occurring as much as possible. However, there will be at least one reset of your progress and the world during Closed Beta as we move into Early Access. This is only something we do as an absolute necessity.

There will be a wipe in 0.1.6 and in all likelihood at least one more before we transition into the next phase of the project (full Early Access.)

We tried to give advance warning of this to manage expectations in the past, unfortunately, the gap between the announcement of a wipe and it occurring was significantly delayed due to technical problems along the way.

Hope that clears things up.

atreties
Participant

Hope that clears things up.

Some, but not entirely.

We were previously told that a wipe was needed with the new islands and world layout. In last Friday’s blog, it was stated that 0.1.7 was coming out ~2 weeks after 0.1.6. In the same paragraph it mentioned that there would be no new islands in 0.1.6, and that those would be delayed some.

I think a lot of people have been combining all of these pieces of information and assuming the following:

1: The lack of new islands in 0.1.6 also means no new world/weatherwall layout in 0.1.6.

2: 0.1.7 is slated to be the patch with the new islands (and world layout?).

3: Due to new islands/world layout requiring a wipe like previously stated, 0.1.7 would come with a 2nd wipe, only a couple weeks after the one in 0.1.6.

Could you clarify these points? I have seen tons of people having tons of confused, half-informed conversations on various discords and forum threads due to these 3 confusions points.

bossa kirk
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

Certainly!

1. Correct, no new world, weatherwall layout or islands in 0.1.6 (this all amounts to the same thing, they’re inclusive at the moment.) This patch will have a wipe/reset of all progress.

2. 0.1.7 is slated to come 2 weeks after 0.1.6. Due to technical issues touched upon in the blog it is highly unlikely that 0.1.7 will have the new world included. However, there will still be a wipe to introduce the Blight.

3. New world always means a wipe!

We’ll let you know when the new world will arrive as soon as we can. We’re going to only announce this stuff when it’s completely signed off now as speculating ahead of time has certainly not worked out in the past.

atreties
Participant

Kirk has descended and has brung forth great torrents of things being cleared up. Thank you, oh great clarifier.

Really tho, thanks. I can now link this all over.

Confirmation that we’ll have to wait quite a while for the amazing new islands that I’ve seen on the island creator, though… It is unfortunate.

bossa kirk
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

No worries.

We’re going to think about the Announcements section as it isn’t really being used properly.

If you think it would be helpful I can make a post there too about this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.