Buy Now

Forums

Atlas Stones and Buoyancy

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Fenix 2 years, 1 month ago.

Luke Williams
Keymaster
Staff
Staff

@howl Atlas Stones don’t actually have any levitating properties unless under certain conditions, there be lore reasons!

Asrien
Participant

From what I saw in the gameplay they can be positioned anywhere as long as they counter-weight the ship. So asymmetrical placements don’t SEEM like they’ll screw up your ship if one goes blarg, you could always do your stern-and-bow idea with extra stones in the hull anyway, that might make the visible stones more of amplification devices.

mace9
Participant

can a core be turned on and off?

hay i may want to tunr off the rear ones and do a backflip.
also do they take fuel to use or is it a ‘free’ lifting force…

also if i have to many will i float up?

Hivemind_Alpha_66
Participant

I think that with the single core update to the game it’s broken larger ship designs. IMHO

Fenix

The reasons for changing to a single core was because multiple cores were almost consequence-free in terms of ship design. Just slap ’em anywhere with little planning or thought.

Now that ships can only have one core, it does limit the designs and sizes initially – but as more upgrades are added and better quality core/parts researched, I’m sure that restriction will evaporate and players will be able to achieve larger ships. Then it becomes a reward for exploring the world. It becomes a more structured form of player progression. You can’t start out building huge ships in the first 5 minutes, but most instead work towards that goal.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.