Buy Game Flag
Before using the forum please read and make sure you agree to our Forum Rules. Forum Rules

Home Forums General Discussion A way to logically punish griefers

This topic contains 154 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  alpharattlsnake 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)
Author
Ars Techne
Participant

Now dont get me wrong, if a griefer is willing to risk his ship in a fight then I say no foul. But I just got griefed by someone that I couldn’t fight back. Essentially, I was out gathering materials and when I get back my engines were already off along with a number of my storage boxes, so I couldnt even “leave” (I could have gone up and hoped he didnt grapple). But so I kill him, he comes back, I kill him again, he comes back again. This happens 5+ times. This is an exploit that griefers take advantage of. His ship by the way, way out of range of any cannon I can make.

So here is my idea. Respawning is meant to be a means so you dont have to start all over, but this griefer didnt even try to attack me because he could respawn and be back in 10 seconds. So as punishment for dieing away from your ship when not docked comes in stages.
1. Respawn gets 15 seconds longer for each death. This lasts until you dock or have no personal respawner, this reverts all subsequent stages too.
2. After 3 deaths you lose your belt items.
3. After 5 deaths you lose your personal respawner. Should the last personal respawner on a ship die, so does the atlas on the ship.

This would also make the game more epic in battles in general. Rather than endless respawns to try to save your ship as your flying, if you are attacked and can 1 for 1 kill the enemy you are forced to concede. But this also hurts the pansy griefers, too afraid to risk anything to do what they do, that they now will risk their ship still. Because the biggest issue right now is that there are many that don’t risk anything to cause hundreds of materials of damage

This makes logical sense too as if you die you should be dead, but also allows the argument of a “crew”

This is the dumbest thing i have seen lol… the whole “griefing” is subjective in the first place and how is the game meant to recognise a “griefer” you are basically suggesting punishment for PVP.

marz
Participant

15 sec respawn after each death, 3 deaths lose belt items? 5 deaths lose personal respawner with ship going down? bruh do you genuinly think these are good ideas? im curious this has to be a troll

Ars Techne
Participant

@Rafu
Says the probable griefer. And no, not a punishment for PvP, a way the finalize PvP encounters. Did you even read the part that this can end one sided engagements faster? Essentially allowing griefer groups to grief more quickly… well, if they attack people flying. By the way, why dont I ever see any fights in the sky?

@marz
Obviously you didn’t read the entire post or selectively read it. Yes, I do think this would be a logic mechanic. If you are dying so much while your ship isnt docked then it is very logical that you would lose your ship. I cannot think of one scenario other than while engaged in a sky battle that this would ever hurt a smart player who docks their ship consistently. Personally, I think you are a griefer as well, worried that your primary exploit could go away with this idea.

Again, I’m not against griefers but when I kill you why dont you die?

Fight in the sky for you.

Yung Lean
Participant

Can you just stop, these are the most stupid suggestions I have seen on this forum to date. Like seriously dude just think about how many times you die to lag, also why would you dock unless you are making changes? You just play bad.

marz
Participant

punishment for pvp in a pvp based game? your suggested mechanics are laughable at best(which has no bias from my preferred play style, i openly admit to being a pirate, but pirate =/= greifer), adapt your tactics, crew up, your suggestions would kill this game in a week, you need to come up with better ideas, not something that would ruin the pvp aspect of a pvp game.

Ars Techne
Participant

@Rafu
That isn’t a fight XD that’s a troll

@Yung Lean
I have died 2 maybe 3 times to date to lag while flying… So that arguments isn’t really a concern to me.
I primarily dock so, you know, no one steals your ship? I dock all the time to ensure the controls are locked out to other players. In fact, that griefer would of got a lot more had it no been docked as he would of just flown it off. So again, an argument that is actually bad advice to all player. You should always dock you ship if you are leaving it. If you aren’t leaving your ship, what are you doing? 90% of the game actually requires you to be on foot.

marz
Participant

only died 2 maybe 3 times to flying …… shiiiit give me your game settings!
You should always dock your ship if you are leaving it?…… lol

this guy clearly doesn’t play this game.

you genuinely have a bunch of us cracking up in discord bud, simply put you are playing this game the wrong way, you need to recognize that you dont actually have a clue and need to alter your play style.

Ars Techne
Participant

@marz
This is a place for discussion. Stating “it’s a bad idea, it will ruin the game” isn’t a discussion, it you in a corner unwilling to participate but wanting to be heard. Please explain how this would kill the game in a week.

Explain how it is punishment for PvP
Explain how it would ruin PvP

Currently, if two groups each with a ship fought there is an impressive possibility that they would run out of ammo before they actually killed each other. This would mean that hitting crew with the shells can actually help win you the fight and actually end an engagement. Currently, the match could boil down to who can heal faster and who has the most resources to keep healing unless you can one shot pieces off. That isn’t fun, even if I had a crew.

The only way it might punish PvP is losing your belt, which shouldn’t have anything that cant be replaced and so isn’t any worse than losing your ship. Oh by the way, you lose your ship typically if you’re grieffed, so I fail to see how this is different.

Other than that, I have yet to hear a logical reason why this would be so bad.

Ars Techne
Participant

@marz
Link the discord, we can discuss this in person

@ars-techne If you board someones ship in combat you will be killing a lot of them while trying to loot so for that with your stupid idea you would lose your respawner on your own ship lol?

Ars Techne
Participant

@Rafu
Ahem, English and punctuation please

You don’t have anyone repelling boarders? Yeah, you probably deserve to lose your ship. But that’s a good point, on how it can diversify PvP. So your argument actually supports the point.

And if you meant that you failed to board, loot, and get away… 5… TIMES. Yes, you deserve to lose your ship. You’re a crappy pirate and need to rethink your skills. Though that does propose the idea of silent grapple upgrades to do this more unnoticed O.O

@Ars Techne Smh… it is like talking to a brick wall there is no hope for you.

marz
Participant

this guy thinks this is some arcade game with a set number of lives

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you want to report this content?

Yes
Add to wishlist button
Bossa Studios logo Improbable logo

Bossa Studios is a multiple award winning independent games developer and publisher happily based in London. We’re the makers of the mega-games Surgeon Simulator, I am Bread and the upcoming MMO Worlds Adrift. Oh, and we’re completely in love with our players (even when they’re angry with us!)

© 2017 Bossa Studios Ltd. Worlds Adrift is a registered trademark of Bossa Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.

EULA – Privacy & Cookies Policy