First of all, a massive thank you for all the lovely messages of support, yesterday has been a roller-coaster for everyone involved, but as we stated last night we are sailing strong and you are our priority.
As you may have also heard, there was talk of a hotfix this week (or figured out from last week’s Captain’s Log, we were working on it), that was fortunately the only thing that got pushed back a little as our focus was momentarily taken away with working on keeping the game up. You will be getting the widely requested hotfix next week which includes improvements to sailing and voice chat. Small but mighty – stay tuned!
What have the devs worked on this week:
- Ship blueprint saving design
- Message size optimizations
- Tweaking climbing and Rhegus Greaves speed
- A couple of speculative design docs for some QoL features
- Signing off Hotfix 4 and prepping for the next update
- Working on new ship cosmetics
- New clothes cosmetics
- Player logout flow refactoring (ongoing)
- Minor bugfixing with Worlds Adrift REST server (backend)
See you in the skies,
Julia & WA Team
(Screenshot by Yual)