Don’t believe the news, the snow in UK is a fine dusting.
We’ve got some exciting things lined up for next week. Keep your eyes peeled!
The Keys to Our Success
Dear Founders, if you haven’t already seen it, read this! Thank you for your fantastic support, we wouldn’t be where we are without you.
We are about to stream!
For the first time ever, thanks to Oli and Ryan, the Worlds live prompt goes up on the Captain’s Log! Come hang out with Luke and the crew, listen to all the behind-the-scenes anecdotes of Worlds Adrift development as the devs explore Driss.
You may have seen the video floating about by now, but if you haven’t it’s the funniest thing we’ve seen in a while.
This player has become a hero to all of us at the studio when he stood up to Join or Die and how he handled the encounter.[WARNING: VERY STRONG LANGUAGE]
What have the devs been working on this week?
- Ship rendering optimisation.
- Worked on ship imposters.
- Implementing new testing tools.
- Ship reviver connection improvements.
- Fixing errors for local testing.
- Implementing a safer messaging system on server to try and reduce errors caused by dropped messages.
- Fixing ship building quest error in certain corner cases.
- Adding extra information to ships so we can have more informed decisions on the client about the ship.
- Finished Legendary engine design and balancing.
Knowledge rework design.
- Island progression design.
- Fixing and troubleshooting various Live user issues:
- EAC(Easy Anti Cheat) disconnection
- NTP(Timer server) disconnection
- Steam Authentication failures
- Blight rendering systems are finished.
- Blight logic systems are pretty much done, just need to do more testing:
Here’s some pretties:
As always, see you in the skies!
Julia + WA Team